Thursday, August 25, 2011

7 Links Project

The purpose of the project is "To unite bloggers (from all sectors) in a joint endeavor to share lessons learned and create a bank of long but not forgotten blog posts that deserve to see the light of day again"

I have been tagged by my artist friend Azra Iqbal to list paintings in the following 7 categories.

Your most beautiful post
Your most popular post
Your most controversial post
Your most helpful post
A post whose success surprised you
A post you feel didn't get the attention it deserved
The post you are most proud of



                                      So, here we go... My most beautiful post, in my opinion, and in the comments and emails sent is "That Dog."  Sera was a joy to paint, and the story of her name was included in the post.






My most popular post, if you went by pageviews would be "Wild Violets."  Hmmm, it's a cute little painting, however, I would never have thought it would be viewed by so many!  It's my favorite little flower, but did you know that some folks spray poison to kill the sweet things in their yards?





I'm not sure that I have a most controversial painting, I'll work on that, but for now I'll go with "Fire and Ice".  It caused some friction in the family over reflections in the vase, too many, too few, wrong colors, too tight... ah... family!







My most helpful post, and I take that to mean to other artists as well as to myself would be "Boogie Samantha."  It's the first post to include in-progress photos.






The painting whose success surprised me the most would be "Black Eyed Susan."  It's a little 4"x4" oil on wood.  It's quite plain, but folks liked it.




The post I feel didn't get the attention it deserved is "Bands of Freedom."  I loved painting our countries flag!  I am proud to be an American!




The painting I am most proud of is not quite finished yet... it's "Those Cute Girls."  Now that my kiddos are all settled in their classes, the daily routine is becoming, well, routine ~ so I'll be back in the studio soon!

Thanks for taking a look at my art! Thanks for the tag Azra!











1 comment:

  1. I read your post. It's really very informative. Thanks for sharing information.
    diamondpaintingkits.art

    ReplyDelete